Saturday, January 25, 2014

Networking Brings Benefits

Networking is a key activity that is not only fun, but critical to your personal growth and business development. There are so many networking benefits, because all it does is help you out. When you make friends with people who have been successful in your career, they can help you know what to avoid and what to do to get where they are. They also can help in giving good recommendations or they can even lead you to a good start somewhere. It's all about connecting with the people and seeing what the two of you can do for each other. 

Networking results in opportunities. If you continue to keep going to business events then people will start recognizing you. They will become more comfortable with you around, and sooner or later opportunities will come.

I've learned my whole life about how important it is to know people. I remember in high school, I had a teacher who would explain this to our class over and over again. He explained how this friend he had in college referred him to this one job, then someone else he knew referred him to a internship, and sooner or later he was able to get where he is today. He explained that it all had to do with the people I knew. The more people you know, and like you, the more success you will have in the career force. Therefore, I want to try and do the extra credit assignment and go out there and try to known and recognized. I know this will help me get to know people who can help me within my career. 

4 comments:

  1. We should go to a networking meeting together, and maybe even we can be each others connections to a great job. Great job on this post, and I like how you said, "It's all about connecting with the people and seeing what the two of you can do for each other." I completely agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree people will start to recognize you, especially when you wear a rainbow colored backwards hat;) It is so true though, the business world is all about who you know, so lets get to know Bill Gates and his entourage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your blog looks terrific. Mine is still a bit boring though I did post a picture this week! It really is amazing how networking can dramatically impact your life, career, and relationships. As we network we eventually meet influential people in our career field. That is really where opportunities come from. If we are networking correctly jobs and opportunities should find us. It's kind of like Hide and seek. If you don't hide, people will find you. (In this case you wanna get found).
    I think your blog looks cool and has a vintage flair. It could be my eyes, but, with the transparent back drop for the text, it was a little taxing to read. A Change of font or font size may solve this issue. But looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a talk about networking. You should give it next Sunday.

    Hudson

    ReplyDelete